The Early Stokes
Root Seekers Genealogical Society here presents gedcom files from the computers of members of the society. GEDCOM is an acronym for GEnealogical Data COMmunication which was developed by the Mormon Church to exchange genealogical data between different programs and computers.
The files are essentially a structured text file and can be read as a text file or saved as a GEDCOM file.
- Click on the gedcom file link (in this case “The Early Stokes”)
- Different browsers handle downloads differently according to the preferences. You may be given the choice of saving the file or opening it or it may open as a text file or you may be given the option of opening the file in your genealogy program.
- If you choose only to open it or if it opens as a text file:
- The file will appear as a searchable text file.
- You may search the file or you may save it to your computer.
- If you choose to save the file, it should be saved as a GEDCOM file and then it may be opened with Family Tree Maker or any other genealogy program.
- Use the back function to return to this page