Click on the State, Territory, etc.
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, New York City, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Districts, Territories, Commonwealths, etc.
- American Samoa
- Canal Zone
- District of Columbia
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Puerto Rico
- Virgin Islands
- Birth records of persons born in foreign countries who are U.S. citizens
- Records of birth and death occurring on vessels or aircraft on the high seas
- Death and marriage records of U.S citizens that occurred in a foreign country
- Certificate of citizenship
- Birth records of alien children adopted by U.S. citizens
- Records of birth, death, and marriage in the Panama Canal Zone for U.S. citizens and foreign nationals
- Records maintained by foreign countries
An official certificate of every birth, death, marriage, and divorce should be on file in the locality where the event occurred. These records are filed permanently either in a State vital statistics office or in a city, county, or other local office.
To obtain a certified copy of any of the certificates, write or go to the vital statistics office in the State or area where the event occurred. Addresses and fees will herein be given for each event in the State concerned. Information also will be provided to obtain records of U. S. citizens born in foreign countries, on the high-seas, and in the Panama Canal Zone.
To ensure that you receive an accurate record, follow the steps below: